Please check the Calendar Page for imminent Meetings and Events.
- “Activities available” leaflets have been distributed to twelve local (Poole) Estate Agents. These will be displayed, given to prospective residents, copied or scanned for future use. All approached were grateful and enthusiastic about the impact these may have on their clients. They were also informed when this site went live, for the benefit of their customers/clients.
- If you wish to promote an event, please send the relevant information to the ARCH Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that ARCH can only accept events which are non-commercial and specific to Canford Heath residents. Any new services offered need to be of direct benefit to residents.
Thursday, January 7th., 2021.
- BCP Covid update by Council Leader Drew Mellor. Was held yesterday on the Council Facebook Page but is now available on the BCP YouTube channel. Get the latest !
- REMINDER: Please wait to be called for your first Covid-19 vaccine jab ! Be prepared as you will then be given information about your nearest Centre and the dates and times available for BOTH the required injections ! You will receive an NHS letter and these injections are FREE !
Saturday, December 19th., 2020.
Introducing Beryl e-Scooters for hire ! Starting on Monday, January 25th. 2021, Beryl e-Scooters will be available for hire to be used in Bournemouth and Poole. The hire principle will be similar to that successfully in operation for Beryl Bikes now. This will be a controlled Trial as part of research for the Department for Transport (DfT). In due course, if thought successful, it may be extended into Christchurch. These will be legal to use in most places, except on public pavements. (NOTE: privately-owned versions remain illegal on public roads !)
November 2nd. 2020.
BCP “Together We Can !” Help-Line available again. Remember it is :- 0300 1237052 If you need help, it is there for you 9 am. to 5 pm. Monday to Friday. Don’t hesitate if you have a problem ! (Check the March 29 entry for more details.)
Thursday, October 22nd. 2020 and Thursday, November 12th. 2020
BCP Council and Dorset County Council have produced the following plan for “Transforming Travel” ! Your opinions are valued concerning the proposed five new links. The plan will be out for public consultation in due course.
NEW CYCLING and WALKING ROUTES ! The Council has produced a map of the 78 Km. of new routes, planned to make leisurely connections possible. Please check the map below.
Thursday, October 15th., 2020.
REPLACING and RE-SPACING TIMBER GROYNES near the three Chines ! Starting on Monday, October 26th., the Council will, by Spring 2022, have replaced the eight timber groynes on the beach south of Alum, Middle and Durley Chines. The intention is to replace the five current ones in the western half of this beach with just four, but more evenly spaced. This work is meant to be completed by Spring 2021. Then from Autumn next year, the remaining current three will have four new ones, regularly spaced, in their place. The whole task should be completed by Spring 2022. While construction work is being done, there will be restricted access to that section of the beach. There will continue to be free movement along the Promenade !
Thursday, October 15th. 2020.
TEMPORARY ROAD ACCESS RESTRICTIONS may continue indefinitely ! The temporary restrictions put in place by the Council, to improve life for some road-users during lockdown, may continue as a matter of the Council’s “Ease of Movement” policy. These were put in place in the Poole Quay area but also on other routes further out of town.
Monday, September 14th. 2020.
How to do CPR during the Covid-19 epidemic ? Malcolm Simpson has been cleaning the Canford Heath defibrillators during lockdown so that they are safe to use: thanks to him ! In the event of someone having a cardiac arrest at this time, it is not mutually safe to attempt mouth-to-mouth resuscitation: however chest compressions are OK. For further free guidance please contact email@example.com
Tuesday, September 1st. 2020.
Community Baby Bank ! This is based at the Community Centre, off Adastral Square. Open from 10 am. – 4 pm. By Facebook appointment only. Please check the poster below for details. Please also check the update of 30/10/20 below !
Monday, June 29th. 2020.
New ARCH branding ! The ARCH Committee members have been working hard on our behalf during the (so far) 14 weeks of lockdown. A new logo (designed by Nigel Leahy) has been produced (see below). A new web-site is being prepared. A new three-year plan is also being developed. The “History” section of this site has been updated too. The new logo reflects the positive and vibrant progress made by ARCH in the past five years while still showing the basic “arch” to unite the parts of the district. Update September 28th. The new site went live today via canfordheathnetwork.org
Monday, May 18th. 2020.
NEW: “Prayer Line”. If you feel you need to have a chat and pray quietly with someone else, please check out the poster below for details. The intention is not to convert you ! Please give it a try.ARCH Prayer Line A4 poster - final
Monday, March 30th. 2020.
COVID Support from NHS
Please use the following site for up-to-date information and advice. It is NHS.UK/coronavirus. There is also a check-up text service which will contact you daily if you have given details of your symptoms and your mobile number when you dialled 111.
Sunday, March 29th. 2020. Updated March 31. Needed again Nov. 05 !!
BCP “Together we can !” Help-line ! As a result of the success of the appeal (March 20th. below) for volunteers, from today, if you are in need of help yourself or know anyone who is, there is a help-line manned from 8 am. to 8 pm. daily. A volunteer can help you practically, or simply be there for a chat.
Update March 31. CITIZENS’ ADVICE. There is a BCP Helpline number which is 03444 1114444. It is manned from 10 am. to 4 pm. daily. The Citizens’ Advice Bureau can help with advice on Benefits, Housing, Consumer Rights, Employment, Debt and Money problems, Family Relationships and Immigration. A Form is available using the following:- https://www.citizensadvicebcp.org.uk/get-advice/
Friday, March 20th., 2020.
“BERYL BIKES” have been a big success ! Over 80,000 Kms. cycled in their first three months last year ! More bikes were made available in 2020. Check them out for use in your “socially distant” exercise ! (See original item March 14th. 2019.) Update March 31. 2020. These are now FREE for NHS staff !
Monday, January 13th. 2020.
“Just Pop-In !” This helpful, friendly advice service, which is provided by the Baptist Church, has moved from the Community Centre to the new Figbury Lodge, but most of what they provide stays the same as they have been doing for the last two years ! Their next Pop-In could be when restrictions have been lifted. Please check the poster below for more details.
“BERYL” BIKE SHARE ! Poole Council and Bournemouth Council have combined to complete a five-year contract with “Beryl Bikes” to establish a Bike Share system in their areas. These emerald green bikes are based in “Beryl Bays” and accessible via smart phones in terms of their location and methods of payment and adjustment. They were introduced on June 7th. to be used “in spring and summer” and initially 5o were sited at rail and bus stations, town centre and shopping areas, and tourist attractions. During the summer this increased to 1000 bikes ! Each bike has 3-speed gears, a step-through design, and adjustable seats and handlebars to fit a range of potential riders with height 4’11” to 6’5″. The smart phone app is a download from the Apple store for iPhone. To facilitate availability, experienced operators track the use of the bikes and balance accordingly. A spread of this service into Christchurch has been done. This is the Beryl Bay near Asda at Canford Heath. The wind causes some havoc on this exposed site !
Dateline: June 17th. 2018.
Why not JOIN your CANFORTH HEATH COMMUNITY CENTRE ? There are many activities staged at the Community Centre near the Library at Adastral Square. As a member you also have the use of various facilities and cheaper entry to entertainment gigs, etc. Please check out the poster and the site Calendar.ARCH Come and join your community centre
Please note: the entries which follow are all historic and informative about projects of ARCH and some of its members and organisations.
Dateline: March 11th. 2017
- To improve the visibility and use of public, stand-alone notice-boards, when sufficient funds are available, ARCH intends to obtain larger, more prominent boards and move one (outside Martin’s) to a more visible site. (Images)
- Update June 13th. Progress is being made on seeking sources of funding for the new boards.
- Update November 1st. Funding is now available and suitable designs are being considered, especially for a single-sided board outside Asda. Update January 10th. 2018. Members’ Meeting considered latest information. Decision taken to purchase one of the two boards, i.e. that to be installed outside Asda. It will be of low maintenance material, open and therefore weather-resistant. Approx. cost £1500. Council to instal. Funding now available. Plans to have a very public opening to attract attention.
- Update February 24th. 2018. New board was installed by the Council Feb. 21st. Grand Unveiling was announced by the TOWN CRIER, Mr. David Squire, and performed by Councillor Sandra Moore at 11.00 am. today. This open board has spaces for 18 x A4 posters or notices. We hope it will attract attention and be another communication medium for Canford Heath residents and visitors ! We also still intend to replace the double-sided board currently in Adastral Square, when sufficient funds are available. A bid has been made for a C.I.L. grant to cover this.